Tuesday, July 6, 2010

"House of Reckoning" by John Saul

I liked House of Reckoning by John Saul because it was so strange and gripping. It made me want to keep reading to see what would happen and drew me in right from the start.  I immediately liked the main character, Sarah, a 14-yr. old who was plowed into by her drunk father on her way to the bar to bring him home and was put into foster care when her father was taken to prison for killing the man he fought with at the bar.  She was befriended by a boy at school who was an outcast because he hallucinated so was viewed as a nut case.  

That’s when spooky things began happening.  The ending was just so far out that I felt it pushed the book into the fantasy or science fiction category.  When the house actually became alive, it was even beyond creepy and eerie.  This isn’t the type of book I normally read but it made for a great change of pace.

(Karen's review 1/15/10)
 
Please tell us: What categories of literature do you like? What are you reading now? Who are your top five favorite authors? Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails