Sunday, July 4, 2010

"The Candy Bombers" by Andrei Cherny

It’s been too many years to count since I took a history class.  I knew of the Berlin Airlift but not really the whole story.  I know it now after reading The Candy Bombers by Andrei Cherny!  Don’t let the 550 pages scare you off.  It reads quick and for sure it is not boring.  Mr. Cherny tells the story as it happened and it’s a fascinating one of how America and Russia totally wiped out Berlin and then not so long after were at odds and we came to the people of Berlin’s aid.  A tremendous amount of research went into this book and it shows.  I really enjoyed this book and learning more about the history of our great country.  Job well done, Mr. Cherny, thank you!
(Gerard's Review 8/6/09)

comments received on our old blog page:
You caught my attention, I will have to look for a good read. I am a history buff any way. Is this only available in the book stores or will the library have a copy?
By sandra47 on August 06, 2009 17:31

1 comment:

  1. I know this isn't related to this post, but I love your blog header. I noticed "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins in there, which I loved. Have you read her "Gregor the Overlander" books? I absolutely adore them, and I read the first three to my sixth graders.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails