Friday, July 16, 2010

"Twenty Wishes" by Debbie Macomber

After reading several murder mysteries and then The Hunger Games I was ready for something uplifting so chose Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber.  This is contemporary fiction that I found to be heart warming and inspirational.  It’s about Ann Marie, owner of a bookstore and a terrier named Baxter who is a widow and gets together with a group of other widows who all make a list of 20 wishes which change their outlook and their life.  The main plot is about Ann Marie reluctantly volunteering to be a lunch buddy to a very shy 8-yr.old girl, Ellen, once a week at the school and how that not only changes her life, but how each of them make the others wishes come true.  This book is all about relationships and moving out of your comfort zone to live life. 

This book is full of romance, mother-daughter relationships, dealing with grief and moving forward with your life.  I liked this book because I loved the main story line about Ann Marie, her dog, her relationship with her stepdaughter and Ellen and think any woman would enjoy it.  The romance in it was also humorous.  It was a delightful read!  It inspired me to start a wish list too.

Please tell us: What categories of literature do you like? What are you reading now? Who are your top five favorite authors? Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way about this book! Debbie Macomber writes really great books about relationships of all kinds and I really liked Twenty Wishes too. I thought about my wishes but didn't actually write them down. I should probably do that! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails