Wednesday, July 7, 2010

"The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is a wonderful book!  There are only a handful of books you read that your are going to remember years later and this is one of them.  I LOVED this book!  It goes fast and is almost impossible to put down!  It tells the story of Liesel Meminger, who loved to read books, but that is just one part of the story.  There are so many story lines in The Book Thief that keep your interest.  Just read this book, enjoy the story.  It captures the human spirit that I hope is in all of us!  I give it 5+ stars.
(Gerard's review 1/20/10)

I read this too but found it very slow and felt I had to force myself to keep plowing through it.  I know a lot of people think it is great, but it did not appeal to me.  I finally gave up on about about halfway through.
(Karen's thoughts 1/27/10)

Read if for yourself and see who you agree with, Gerard or me.


Please tell us: What categories of literature do you like? What are you reading now? Who are your top five favorite authors? Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails